Friday, March 23, 2007

school sucks!

Ok, for those of you who may not know, school sucks! Plain and simple. It could be the 7 years I spent working either in the military or in the IT field, but now I am 7 weeks away from graduation and I couldn't be happier. I however, am for some strange reason waiting to find out if my application to grad school was approved. I know I know, if I think school sucks so bad why grad school you might ask? Well, I really think my education here at WIU is not what I wanted. I really wanted to get a degree in Computer Engineering, but I settled for Computer Science. Again you might ask why, well this was for my wife. I wanted her to feel more comfortable, and since she graduated from WIU I knew she would here. Anyway, just the ramblings of a mad man... I will keep applying for positions as I see them. If anyone has any information about software development positions please pass them along, I plan on trying to focus on embedded systems, but a job is a job. Later!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I might point out that no decision is simple and that there are complexities involved that most people don't know about. And Matthew was the one that decided he wanted to go to school, we were both working along just fine and he wanted to "get it done"--so we did. Can't believe it's graduation time already. And hey--if grad school doesnt work out, there's always Boeing...