Saturday, February 16, 2008

High school

Someone recently left a comment asking if I graduated from a certain high school, well the answer is no. I graduated from high school in 1998 from Jacksonville High School in Jacksonville, Illinois. I graduated a semester early and went straight into the US Navy. I have never been the type to keep in touch with anybody, and now 10 years after I graduated I feel a little empty. I realize that I have no idea what happened to any of my friends from high school. I shoot a message to one friend every once in a while that was in my graduating class, he now lives in Los Angles, CA. I also keep in fairly close contact with another friend, he moved to the town I lived in when we were in middle school. We were the best of friends until I moved away at the end of our freshman year in high school. We kept in touch a little, each went to visit the other every once in a while, but two years later he moved away to Colorado. To this day we do still see each other at least once a year, and we email or instant message each other. I feel a little empty though since I would say I only actually have him and my wife that I would call friends. I have a lot of family, but I don't keep in touch with them, and I have a lot of ex coworkers that I email every once in a while, but I would not call them friends so much. Now my wife and I are in a town where we don't really know anyone and we both find it very difficult to make new friends.

No comments: