The project I am on for work has three engineers working on it, myself and two others. We have a project manager, but he is busy with other projects, and wouldn't have much to add to the development on this one anyway. He has very little experience with Java web applications, which is what this one is. Anyway, I was pulled off of one Java web application, to work on this one, so when it came down to getting up to speed I have had it easy. Because of this I have been the technical lead on the project, taking over management of the development team, and pushing to get tasks completed, while the project manager can deal with schedule issues, and interfacing with our customers. One of our engineers is trying to finish up another project though, and is running into problems switching between projects. I suggested consulting with the project manager and letting him know that I could handle one of the remaining issues. We have five weeks left, and only two items to complete, so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess only time will tell!!
Monday, March 03, 2008
Take one for the team...
Posted by
Matthew Shoemaker
at
7:39 PM
Labels: project management, software engineering, technical lead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment