Sunday, January 06, 2008

Games

I enjoy playing a few types of computer games. Anything with racing, cars, trucks, bikes, just about anything. With that in mind I got the new Monster Jam game from Activision. I was excited as I have gotten emails about it from Monsterjamonline for the last few months. I check the specs of the game, requires a 2GHz processor - check, 5Gb of hard disk space - check, sound card - check, DVD Rom - check, then I just notice 256Mb of memory and I thought I read for the video card - check. I get it home, install it, and fire it up, and it won't run. Great. I have a 256mb Nvidia GeForce 5500 video card, not a bad card at all, not a real good card but even farther from being a bad one! I re-read the requirements and it says it needs 256mb of system memory, and requires either an Nvidia GeForce 6200, or Radion 8200 or something like that. Ok so I check on the GeForce 6200, and it has 256mb of memory also. I look for them on pricewatch.com and find one for 20 bucks! Then I see that it is PCI express. Dammit! My freaking Dell only has PCI slots, no AGP and no PCI express. So I find another GeForce 6200, see that it is standard PCI, but dammit again its $60 bucks! So I say hmm wonder if it will run on my work laptop? So I install it, and you know what, it runs. Grr, but hey at least I can play the damn game!

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh well good. here i was thinking that i was going to have to ask you to sell it. at least you can play it!