So I finally got the new rear bumper installed on my bronco!! I thought it was taking forever, but thats because it was. The only real problem was first off trying to find the bolts around here, not a lot of places that carry big nuts and bolts. The biggest problem however was that I was trying to drill 1/2inch holes through the bumper. The bumper is composed of 2x4 .12inch wall rectangular tubing which slides into the frame rails, then a 2x6 .12inch wall rectangular tube on top. I had to drill through top and bottom of both to run an 8 inch bolt all the way through the existing frame holes. I could not find any grade 8, or even grade 5 hardware, so i had to use grade 2. I will reinforce the ends of the frame rails and then run a grade 8 bolt through the side for security. So here are a few pictures of it installed!!



Monday, January 28, 2008
More Bronco Progress
Posted by
Matthew Shoemaker
at
6:58 PM
Labels: bronco, bumper, tire carrier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah and now that it's done you can drive it to work.. just in time for it to snow again.. raggin fraggin stinking.. sigh... where's the springtime?
Post a Comment